"Aren't your feet cold in the morning?"
"No, I wear uggs."
"You wear uggs to bed?"
This is one of the many wonderfully hilarious conversations I had this weekend when my two super amazing friends from home came to visit. Liz and Michele made a semi- last minute visit to UDel this weekend. I didn't believe they were serious about coming until last Wednesday. (And now Michele wants to come back tomorrow for another fun filled night!!)
I'm happy to say this weekend was probably the best one I've had since coming to college! Friday night, Julia and I stayed in and just had a marvelous time. We hung out in Rob and Gordy's room for a bit and decided to just do some silly things (we attempted to use "Jenna Marbles: How to make your boobs look big tricks" just for fun. And since almost our whole floor was home for the weekend, no one was here to judge. We also looked up some interesting things online with Gordy. Saturday, we went to brunch and had a lovely time. My friends were supposed to come around 4 so my day consisted of cleaning and making sure the room was suitable for guests. Michele's car broke down (though she wasn't driving here) so they were running a bit late. So I spent a lot more time on facebook and pinterest yesterday than I intended. They arrived and I introduced them to the lovely Julia. We ordered pizza and went to the George Read talent show. It was fun. I decided I wish I were black because there were some AMAZING dancers who just happened to all be ethnic. In the middle of it, Patrick called me and I ran out in the middle of someone's performance (oops). But I'm much happier he called then rather than later that night. After the talent show, we decided we were actually going to go out. Which meant I had to get dressed up. Yes, me. The girl who lives in sweats and yoga pants. Who never does her makeup or hair and has been told multiple times she is one of the guys (I don't mind at all). Then, here's the biggest surprise yet, Michele and Liz got me to take a few shots. All of my school friends were amazed! They know I don't drink at all and couldn't believe it happened. And my roommate was very upset she wasn't here to witness it. We finally were ready to go out. Us girls (sorry Rob and Zach) ended up at AEPi. They had a banging dance party in the basement. It was a good time. All I have to say is jew, vest, and hobbits. I'll leave the first two up to your imagination, but the last is hilarious. For those of you who don't know, I am 5'11. Liz is about the same height and Michele is 5'9. (see why I like hanging out with them so much?) Well, we get downstairs and 95% of the guys were 5'4 and under. Land of the hobbits. We couldn't help but laughing to see all of these extremely tiny guys. After we all decided we were tired and ready to go, we went back to the dorms. We saw Gordy in the laundry room along with Alex. We hung out for a bit (the lounge was playing V for Vendetta, love it!) and went back to Gordy's room to hang out. I ended up with one of his Concord Distance t-shirts and my friends ended up in love with him. He was a little creeped out that we found it fun just to chill in his room, but he's Gordy. Michele and Liz got him to take a picture with them but couldn't get him to stay sitting with them. Then Gordy decided he was very tired and had to be up for crew early (I get to see him scrimmage Patrick next weekend, hopefully!:). We went back to my room (a little after Julia left) and hung out for a bit. We talked and caught up and maybe did a little facebook creeping. And Michele checked her grades on Powerschool about 17 times. She and Liz were sharing Lauren's bed but somehow Michele ended up on the floor in the middle of the night. We woke up this morning very confused because my phone said a different time than theirs did. Turns out my front screen just froze a tad. I exposed them to the Pencader Dining hall (quite a lovely experience if you ask me). We went and walked around Main Street and they bought SAS cupcakes. Then we went back to my dorm and hung out. We went to the lounge and hung out with Gordy while his suitemate was giggling to himself watching TV (it is highly funny to witness). Molly came in and was exposed to my quite comical friends. Then Mrs. Rattigan came and we had to pack up the girls. Mrs. R decided to take up out to eat at Margherita's (yum) and then took me to Wawa! It was heaven! I don't think there is anything (not family related) I miss more than Wawa's iced coffee!
I've never gotten one this big before, but I might as well take what I can get! Then it was time to get dropped off (I was partially kidnapped to being with). They were on the road in a matter of 5 minutes. I had a lovely talk with my mommy right after that made me so excited for next weekend! And then only one more weekend until I'm home for Thanksgiving! Yayyyyyy!!! I didn't realize how much I missed my friends from home. As much as I love my school friends, they definitely don't know me as well as Liz and Michele do. I cannot wait for them to visit again and to hang out with them once I'm home!!! Thanks girls for making this weekend so great! Love you!
So that's about it for now. The past week wasn't eventful really (had some stress-related issues and then a chem exam) and this week should be quite boring. But I am definitely looking forward to next weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment