Well, my blogging has definitely been slacking lately. I have so much to say and have no idea where to start!
I finally have finished my freshman year of college! It is ridiculous how quickly it went by. So much has happened in the last year, it's amazing. First, I was in a long distance relationship. While things haven't worked out, it was a blessing. I have learned how to be independent and okay on my own. I am more confident in myself than I used to be. I know exactly what I want in a significant other and will not settle for anything less (I am not saying in any way that I was shown what I do NOT want in a s.o, I actually was shown what I DO want in one). I learned communication is one of the most important things in any relationship, whether with an s.o, a friend, or even your mother. I was also blessed with some of the best friends a girl could ask for from this experience. And not even just one. I have found my best friend who I don't know what I would do without. I've become friends with some of the most amazing women I have ever known. I can't even believe to describe what amazing role models they are (and probably don't even realize it).
I have also joined a sorority. In high school, it was never something I had even considered. My mom was not in a sorority. My dad was a frat boy in college, but also played two varsity sports for Penn State, which we heard more about growing up. I was always an athlete and a dancer and figured at least one of those two would be my life in college. Once I saw my course load, I decided to ease into school and not jump for the Women's Track and Field team. I took a few open dance classes but did not feel super comfortable with that particular company. By the end of the semester, I felt as though I wasn't getting the most out of college. I had a few friends, but no one I was super close with. I was bored a majority of the time. I did not come home for winter break super excited to go back. My roommate and I decided we were going to sign up for recruitment. When I got back to school for the spring semester, we got into recruitment that very first weekend. It was long and tiring and I got sick from it, but it was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I ended up in the most perfect house for me, Alpha Epsilon Phi. It's amazing. I love every single one of my sisters. Pledging took up a good portion of this semester, but now I miss it more than anything. I definitely know why we are considered one of the closest, if not the closest sorority on campus. It changed my school experience. I already miss my amazing sisters and the wonderful friends I've been given (and I've been home for two days).
On a less upbeat note, a few weeks ago, my uncle passed away. He had been battling brain cancer for a year and kicking it's ass the whole time. While it is still unreal to me, I will always be blessed with the memory of such an amazing man. Now, I am a Philly girl and wouldn't have it any other way, but man, I have never seen a bigger Giants fan. He always had the game on, laughing and cheering. He had the biggest laugh and gave the best big bear hugs. He had a huge heart and was always welcoming everyone into his home. While his life was too short, he has blessed more people than even he knows, with his kind heart, loud laugh, and wonderful personality. He will always be our angel, watching over our every move <3
These next few weeks should be action-packed. This weekend, my aunt and cousin are coming down for memorial day. I start training for my new job as a waitress at Ventura's Greenhouse next Wednesday. Thursday I am going to Maryland to see Zac Brown Band with some amazing girls. I'll get to catch up with one of my best friends. The Dance Place recital is the following week and it will be my first as an alum. Crazy, right? I still can't believe it. Then my best friend in the whole world, Justine, is coming to Wildwood for a week for a dance competition!!! I CANNOT WAIT!
I have also taken a new approach to the dreaded deed: running. Yes, I know I was on the track team in high school. But, I ran a total of 100 meters for the hurdles and that was my longest event. To be short, I hate running. I don't find it fun and I don't think I'm good at it. And if I'm not good at it, I don't like it. But I am not in the shape I'm used to being in and I hate it. So, I've decided to take up running. I am going to run every day. Just run. Whether for 10 or 15 minutes, it doesn't matter. I just need to get out there and get in the habit. Usually I push myself too far too fast and come in miserable, feeling sick, and never wanting to run again. I'm going to just get used to getting going before I try to accomplish anything worth mentioning. I'm hoping this gets rid of my running dread. Today was day two of this new mindset and I took Cody with me. He was such a good boy and it felt more like walking the dog then going for a miserable run. He now may or may not be forced to go on daily runs with me. This can make up for the bonding I missed when my family first got him while I was at school (mind you, they got him in Landenberg which is very close to the University of Delaware and the didn't stop to let me met him. Not cool).
Well, now that was a mouthful. I'm hopefully going to start blogging semi-consistently again. I hadn't realized that other people actually read it until my aunt in Florida mentioned she hadn't been able to catch up on my life recently. I was flattered! But I am off to read a little before I get to bed.
xoxo
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment