Now playing: Let It Go by ZBB
Well this past week, this week, and this upcoming week is probably going to be considered the second most stressful period of my life this far. I have 4 exams to study for and a case study to work on (a group project, might I add), aside from a bit of other added stress. I am really not looking forward to doing all of that but what choice do I have? Gotta keep moving forward.
This past weekend I went home. My brother and I planned on surprising my parents. Jimmy was a little slow on finding out my dad would be in the Poconos from Thursday to Sunday, but I ended up staying home until Monday so it was okay. I was super nervous my mom would be out when I got home and that it really wouldn't be a good surprise. But just my luck, she was pulling up as I was turning the corner. It took her a second to register I was in the driveway behind her and run out of the car. She was jumping around like a giddy teenage girl. I don't think I have ever been happier to be home than I was at that moment. We went to Jimmy's soccer game where I saw my favorite Mainland teacher/coach of all time. I also got to spend time with Jimmy's girlfriend at the game. She's awesome. They tied OC which isn't ideal, but is way better than a loss. Jimmy kicked some butt, I must admit. I spent a ton of time with my mom that weekend, watching Snow White and the Huntsman, shopping, and just relaxing. We even went to a jewelry party of one for her oldest friends. I also had breakfast/lunch with one of My oldest friends, Caroline. She is one of the few people I can act completely myself around, even if we haven't seen each other in ages.
This weekend also helped me realize how lucky I've been to be blessed with such amazing people in my life, whether constant or just popping in and out. I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for, and there are more than a few people for which I would do absolutely anything. I decided there were a few people I had had falling outs with that had always been there for me, and their friendship was worth more to me than being stubborn and not wanting to swallow my pride. And I couldn't be more happy I did. I'm back on good terms with two of my best, longest lasting friends.
Now Playing: The River by Garth Brooks
Well now I have some tests to study for, but hopefully I'll be back writing again soon!
xo
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment