And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Longer the Waiting, the Sweeter the Big, Wet, Sloppy Doggy Kiss

Okay, in reality, I think dog kisses are disgusting. I love my dog and all, but I don't need her lovely tongue on my face. It's dirty. I don't care if "studies have been done and dog mouths are cleaner than human mouths". People don't lick me. But that's besides the point. I am FINALLY home for the first time since I went to school! I am one happy clam right now. (and yes, I did just say happy clam). Sunday is my dad's birthday and my mom, brother, and I managed to keep my home coming a secret from him! It made me so happy that he was so shocked to see me. And he gave me the biggest, longest hug I've ever gotten from him, which makes me happy because I didn't leave for school on the best terms. It's amazing how one thing as common as a hug can make your night.

Along with coming home to see my amazing family, I also get to see my boyfriend's first crew race rowing for the United States Naval Academy! Not only do I get to see him in his sexy uni (okay, not everyone agrees they are sexy...) but I get watch him race against my school, which is pretty fricken sweet since one of my guy friends rows for us. In other sporting events, I would be "reppin" my Delaware pride, but since Patrick is actually COMPETING, I guess I can sport my Navy gear:) I am also hoping everything works out and he gets to finally come home! He would be so happy to come home after four months! And to wear civies again...ahhh must be a great feeling. But we'll see how that works out:)

Otherwise, not much has been new. I had a very lovely chem exam Thursday. Not my favorite thing in the world but its over now. Though my chem teacher decided not to tell us until today that our labs went out of order, so I got to write a new procedure for next weeks lab. Just when I thought I finished all my homework for the weekend...

Okay, the fact I'm sitting here actually listening to "Anchors Aweigh" shows how much Patrick is rubbing off on me. I downloaded it for a project and never thought I'd listen to it again, except at Navy events. The perks of being a Navy girlfriend...

Oh! So the dork in me is coming out...I got wayyyy too excited that I found more sweaters to take back to school with me than I remembered having! I am one happy camper!

Food for Thought: If things are meant to be, they will happen. Maybe not when you want them to, maybe not how you expect, but things always work out how they are supposed to. Just have faith. And remember, “There is no joy without hardship.  If not for death, would we appreciate life?  If not for hate, would we know the ultimate goal is love? … At these moments you can either hold on to negativity and look for blame, or you can choose to heal and keep on loving.” -EKR

No comments:

Post a Comment