And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Home Stretch

Wow. I can't believe it. The semester is almost over. I have three more days of classes, then my finals and I'm officially done my first semester of college!!! I can't believe how fast it went! And then, when I get back from my 2 month long winter break, it's time to rush!! I'm so excited!

This past week was pretty uneventful. The highlight, actually, was completing my last normal chem exam! It was such a relief (until I realized my final was a week later). For this exam, I did the most studying so far and it seemed a bit easier than the first two, so I'm hoping my grade reflects that.

Going into my first finals in college, I'm a bit worried. I've learned how to study a little bit better this semester, but I don't think my study skills are up to par (no, in high school I didn't ever have to study for tests. I think the most studying I did was for my AP bio test and I just read my notes from the year). My options for studying are pretty much flashcards or just reading and highlighting. I am also making an excuse that since I have bio and chem in the same day, 30 min apart, that if my chem grade isn't up to par, that is why. Oh boy, we'll have to see how that goes. And then a week later, I have my ex sci exam. And that's it. I'm officially no longer a first semester freshman. Wow. That was fast.

This week, I only really have classes Monday and Wednesday, a non-final exam Tuesday and then 2 finals Friday!! THEN I GO HOME!!! Now, I wouldn't be a very good girlfriend if I didn't mention the fact that this Friday is also my lovely boyfriend's birthday!! I'm so terribly sad we won't get to spend it together but I guess that is just preparing me for the future while being in a military relationship. At least he should have a CRAZY day, it being the day before the Army-Navy game! I am so upset I won't be able to go this year. It is one of the coolest games to get a chance to see. Not only that, but this year they are making a documentary out of it; "A Game of Honor". I'm so excited to watch it!! It will show many civilians how these athletes are amazingly talented sport-wise, but that they are doing a far more awesome thing with their college experience. They graduated as commissioned officers in the United States Navy, Marines, and Army. Seeing all the rigorous training they go through aside from football practice is something most civilians don't understand. Dating a varsity athlete at the Naval Academy has given me a new respect for these men (and women). But I don't want to start bragging.

Okay, well I just lost my train of thought so I am ending it here... Can't wait to write next week, when I'm finally home in my nice, comfy bed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment