It's a beautiful ornament for the usnagfs ornament exchange:) Brittany made it perfectly!! And it just so happens to also have the lyrics to one of my all time favorite songs on it which is also the title of my blog! I am in love with it!!
I showered and tried to get to bed at a decent time (I failed miserably) because I was going to have an early day. Oh wait. I almost forgot. December 9th also happens to be a special day for another reason. It just to happens to be a certain boy's birthday...the first one spent at the Academy and the first of many we won't be spending together. But that's okay:) It will always be one of my favorite days of the year!! And with that being said, you must be wondering about his birthday present...
Saturday morning, I was awake at 6am. I was out of my house and into a car by 6:31. By 10:30 I was in the parking lot at Redskins Stadium, ready to freeze my butt off for the next few hours. I happened to be at a very particular football game. It is one of the biggest rivalries, if not the biggest, in college football. I got to walk around and find where my seat was. Then I went down to sit at the 50 yard line to watch students from both schools parade on to the field. Yep, I was at the Army-Navy game. And no, my boyfriend did not know. I had ridden down with his parents. His mom forgot one or two times that he didn't know I would be there and would ask whether I talked to him or knew if he was there yet. It was quite entertaining. After the march on, he said he'd be able to find his parents. I was so worried he would see me before I saw him. Uh oh. He told us he was standing where we were but we hadn't found him yet. I started frantically looking and spotted him! I told his mom and made a mad dash for it while he was looking the other way. I went up behind him and covered his eyes. He couldn't even guess who it might be! He turned around, surprised, and gave me a kiss! I couldn't be happier:) He said he had NO idea what so ever that I would be at the game. I successfully surprised him, something I never thought I would be able to pull off:) While we couldn't sit together, it was amazing to get to see him again so soon! I did get to sit next to a retired subs officer and his family. He was quite entertaining haha. And, I got to witness the 10th Navy win against Army!! 10 years in a row. One whole decade. I cannot imagine how it feels to lose that much. Kudos to Navy for kicking some black night butt. We said our goodbyes after the game, but they weren't so bad since I'd be seeing him again in exactly a week!!! And, we got to text all night, which is very rare! I was one happy camper.
Today, I slept in till 2, a record for me! I will say I was up until 1:30, and quite exhausted from the Army-Navy game. At 4, I had an interview to nanny for one of my mom's students. I got the job! I start tomorrow and cannot wait!! I will finally be making some money, but not only that, I LOVE kids. Anyone who knows me knows I kind of have an obsession. So this is the perfect job for me! I cannot wait to start!! Then my mommy and I went shopping. I love spending time with her and really miss it at school. Then, we came home, ordered dinner since everyone was too exhausted to cook, and I worked on a little present I'm making. This weekend was very successful if I do say so myself! I now have to finish all of my christmas presents in the next two weeks and I need to go dress shopping! I LOVE getting dressed up more than anything:) And in less than one week, Patrick will be home for 3 whole weeks!!!! Yay!! I will leave you on that happy note!!

No comments:
Post a Comment