And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter break - part 2

Well, I have finally got around to blogging after procrastinating for weeks. The sad thing is, I forget a ton of things I wanted to talk about. Here is a list of a few things Patrick and I did before he went back to school:


  • Bowling - this was a fail. We wanted to go on a double date with our friends, Nick and Jess, but we got to the bowling alley and there was a 2 hour wait. According to the boys, it was welfare night. What great catches we have.
  • New Years Eve Day - I went with my mom to visit my aunt in Toms River. All of her daughters and their kids were there so it was awesome! She is my mom's younger sister but she has 5 grandchildren, 3 girls and 2 boys. They are some of the cutest kids I've ever seen!
  • New Years Eve - Patrick and I went to a party with some of his old crew friends. They all have really nice girlfriends, but I wasn't really close with any of them. BUT, then one of my DP girls walked in!!! It was the best moment of that night. We ended up getting another of our friends to come, it was awesome. I ended up going back later that night to pick Kristina and Michele up, so we had a slumber party:)
  • Friendly's - After New Years, we met up with some of Michele's friends at Friendly's. Even though I'm not close with most of these girls (except Liz) I love hanging out with them. They are HILARIOUS!
  • John Campbell's - If you grew up in Somers Point, that night was epic. This is the kid (I feel bad saying this) that no one was friends with nor did they want to talk to. He was kinda annoying and not cute enough for it to be overlooked. This was a HUGE deal. And I swear, my whole entire grade was at this kid's house.
  • Sherlock Holmes - Patrick, his brother, Matthew, and I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes. It was awesome! There was one part that bothered me, but I don't want to give anything away.
Hmm..I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of fun things, but I'll leave it at that.

That Friday, I drove with Julie to take Patrick back to the Academy. Of all the drives back to the Academy, this was one of my least favorite. But, we had a wonderful walk before he had to go and it was nice just to do something a little relaxing.

The next day, I went to the beach with Tori, one of my good friends since junior high. The beach is one of the few places that always makes me happy, no matter who I am with. There were a ton of dogs and it was gorgeous out! We had fun taking pictures of the water, sun, and, of course, ourselves. Later that night, I went to Starbucks with Jess. We definitely had a ton of catching up to do. She's one of the people I miss most at school.

That Wednesday, I went up to Monmouth with Jess to look at houses for her to live in next year with a few of her friends. I had never been to Monmouth and it's a lot prettier that I thought! Annie was filmed in one f the halls. It's crazy. And the school is right by the beach. It's gorgeous! I can't wait until I can finally visit her.

Thursday, I went with my dad to my grandmother's house. It was weird being back for the first time after she passed away. It still looks the same as the last time I'd been there. And her kids have been working on cleaning it out for months!! I found so much cool stuff though. I found some pearls, tennis bracelets, cross necklaces, and a gorgeous ring I was able to take home. I also found some World War I medals that I thought were crazy cool. My favorite thing that I found that day was a box of letters to my grandmother from my grandfather while he was in the Army during WWII. I've read a few and it's amazing to see some similarities between my grandparents and Patrick and me. 

Friday, I took  my first pilates class! It was with reformer machines and beyond awesome! It was just Ruthie, this fabulous instructor, Julie, Kara, and me. I had a wonderfl time, especially since I hadn't seen them in a few days.

Saturday, I went over Patrick's house to make dinner with Kara. We made crab topped portobello mushrooms, cous cous stuffed peppers, mini salads, and crepes. Everything came out perfectly! Then we headed downstairs to watch Miss America. If nothing else, I can say I always have a fun time with those Dods' girls.

Sunday, I went to church with my family and we went out to lunch at the diner. After that, I went shopping for my I-ball dress! And I had to make a tough decision between two absolutely gorgeous dresses.

Monday, I went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D with Michele and Kristina. I LOVED it. In case you didn't know, it is my all time favorite Disney movie, and I will sing along the whole time. My I-ball dress happens to look a bit like Belle's dress. After that, I went back and visited the Dance Place. It really reminded me how much I miss dancing, and how happy I've been since last recital. I NEED to find a way to get back to dancing at school. I did finally remember to get my recital DVD from last year (and from 2008?). So I spent my night watching it last nigh. It was awesome.

Today, I spent ALL day baking for Patrick this weekend. I love baking and find it kind of therapeutic but addicting. I found out some more information about a possible addition to our family. And I called my cousin to find out a few more details about staying at her house this weekend.

Whew! I think I'm finally all caught up! This weekend should hold a few more stories that I can't wait to share! I'll be visiting my cousin and then heading down to Annapolis! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment