And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Christmas Story - Minus Pictures! Part 1

Well, I have been trying to make a post for at least 2 weeks! I've wanted to since before Christmas, but didn't want to give away anyone's presents! And now, I have been trouble uploading pictures (well, finding them) from iPhoto. So, this post will be boring because of the lack of pictures. So, I will start back at the beginning...

December 16, I ventured back to Delaware to take my last final, ex sci. I finished within 45 minutes and was on my way back home! IT WAS WINTER BREAK!!!! The next day, my wonderful boyfriend took his final exam and made his way home! I did not get to see him, so finally on Sunday, we were reunited! (on a side note, his sister came home early, similarly to how I came home between exams, Yay Kara!!!!) The whole Dods clan was once again together!

That Thursday, Jason, Patrick and I were off to Delaware/PA to help prepare for Willia (no, that's not how it is spelled, but how it is pronounced. I've never seen the spelling well enough to remember it). We went by way of Wegman's and "rower friend I do not know's" household. Patrick happened to forget his uniform for the All Academies Ball and this lovely gentleman picked it up for him! Jason spoiled us by letting us get food at Wegman's. Next stop: Hockhessin, DE, home of the Thurrell family, and some mean pierogie making parties. There were plenty of hands willing to help, so I went with the lovely Aunt Amy back to her house to prepare for the dinner the next night. I absolutely love spending time with Aunt Amy!!!! And to be honest, I'm kinda happy she isn't moving!! That means she might possibly want to steal me away from school at some point again:) Anyway, the boys ended up coming back with her three kids. If I remember correctly, a ton of video games were being played while I made food trays for the next day and Aunt Amy made fried rice. The video games continued until the kids went to bed. Then, we watched our new favorite show "The Big Bang Theory". The next day, Patrick, Jason, and Uncle Bob went for a run. Right when they got back, Aunt Amy and I left with the kids for kickboxing! It was killer, but I loved it! We came back and worked on final prep for dinner. Then, the rest of Patrick's family arrived at his grandparent's house, so back we went. After presents, we went back to Amy's. Almost time for dinner! Polish Christmas Eve dinner has become one of my favorite traditions!! I am so happy to have been included!

Saturday, I don't really remember what I did that day, but that night was my family's traditional Christmas Eve party. After a lovely church service (Christmas Eve service is my favorite!), we went back to my house to wait for our guests. Along with my family, two of our neighborhood families, along with my mom's good friend and her family, have always came. This year, our one neighborhood family couldn't come, but the Dods' came for the second year!! It was awesome.

Christmas day, we woke up and had an amazing time opening presents together. I have come to realize, my favorite part of Christmas is the time leading up to it, along with the look on someone's face when they open something you gave them, and they absolutely love it. After presents, we went up to my Uncle Rob's house to visit my family. I love seeing everyone! We went home and I headed over to Patrick's house. His mom offered to have their priest over for dinner after his last mass. He is quite the funny guy! definitely not what I would expect.

Monday, it was the day of our first All Academies Ball! Man, was I excited!! My lovely friend, Victoria, offered to do my hair! She also lent me a ton of accessories for that night. It looked great! I did my makeup, got dressed, and headed over to Patrick's with my mom for pictures. By this point, he really was wondering what he had gotten himself into. He didn't have a clasp he needed for his uniform and his mom had been running around all morning looking for something that would work. He was not  a happy camper. We took a few pictures and were on our way! Boy, was he in for a surprise. For some reason, he happened to disregard all of the stories and info I told him about this ball. He turned ghost white as soon as he saw all of the high ranking officers in the reception room. I was in trouble! The silly boy didn't pay attention to anything I said, and therefore was freaking out about his uniform! Well, eventually he calmed down and we actually had a blast!! He will even admit it! We got to sit with June and Foster,  a lovely couple we kinda sorta knew because June goes to UDel! Foster goes to West Point, but it was great to sit together. We also sat with this awesome firstie's family. Well, we didn't talk much to the kids, but the parents were great!!! They were stationed in Guam when they had their first son! How cool!? But, Patrick's favorite part of the night had to be that he actually made money! For some reason, he was told we were all paid up before he even sent a check! He was worried about that and was ready to pay when we got there. Well, we checked in and no one said a thing! So we were even. But, every mid/cadet got a visa giftcard, Score!!!! So, the night wasn't too bad for Patrick anyway! We still aren't sure how that worked out, but if someone out there paid for us, thank you so much!! It's the little things like that that can make your day!

Okay, so I haven't even come close to finishing Patrick's winter break/the first half of my winter break. But this post is way long and I am getting tired, so I will try to finish up with a second post in the next few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment