And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Earthquakes and hurricanes and tornados Oh my!


Well, I must say that wasn't all it was hyped up to be. Hurricane Irene hit us (I think?) and we didn't even lose power. I am glad I was at home with my family instead of moved into school, but I still want to move in ASAP! Somers Point did have a tornado last night - so crazy! But it wasn't near my house so unfortunately (or fortunately) I did not get to witness it. We did have a tree fall on our fence with minimal damage. If that's the worst from Irene, I'll take it. I was so worried we'd be without electricity and therefore couldn't charge our phones, laptops, find out when I move in, etc, and it was all for nothing!

I did get to talk to my wonderful boyfriend for a bit last night, which made me super happy. I guess I should be thankful for the fairly minimal communication because then when we do talk, it is that much more special (to me at least. I still believe the Academy brainwashed all feelings out of him...but that's another story). We're both so excited to get to see each other next weekend! Yes, we did spend some time together plebe parent weekend, but his whole family was there and while I love them to death, we got zero alone time. So this upcoming weekend will be great! Plus, I don't know about you, but I LOVE going to football games. And the fact that this one is my school against my boyfriends school makes it that much better. Now just to figure out what to wear....

To keep up to date with the move in fiasco, they are still unsure when we get to move in to beautiful Newark, DE. Some kids have been emailed syllabi from their professors which had this Thursday as the first day of class. Hopefully that means the professors know something we don't, and we get to move in this week! I am so excited to move in and meet everyone!! Classes can wait, but everything else needs to hurry up and start already!!! That way, my wonderful weekend, which starts on Friday, can be completely stress-less. I get to spend time with the lovely Mersadi, finally get to meet Justine, Dakota, and Lisa, and get to go on a wonderfully entertaining shopping trip! It should be interesting enough.

I guess I should finally start to get my packing done...Move in day should come soon enough, unless another natural disaster gets in the way. What's next, a volcano?

No comments:

Post a Comment