I'm Becky. The next chapter of my life is unfolding faster than I can believe. I'm balancing life as a college student. I will be living "on my own" for the first time ever and want to keep track of my new experiences and adventures, loves and hates, trials and tribulations.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
welcome to dela-where?!
So today was quite the hectic day. I started out by attending the funeral of one of the four football players who passed away. my dad and brother of course took their good old time so we got there way later than I wanted. We waited for two hours in the hot sun (my face looks like a tomato) to get in the church. But it was worth waiting. I do believe Casey was a truly amazing guy, from the one or two times I'd hung out with him. I'm glad I was able to attend the last funeral. But, I NEVER WANNA GO TO ANOTHER "KID'S" FUNERAL AGAIN! It was so heart-wrenching. I was nauseous the whole time.
After that, we went home, packed the car, and were on our way to school! (We were already two hours late) Route 40 was completely backed up (we later found out because 322 was closed) so we had to get on the expressway and go that way. We finally arrived around 5 o'clock. It was so stressful attempting to set all of my stuff up that half way through I left to get my books and take a breather. Then I had to drop my car off and got to eat pizza with my wonderful family:)
I got back to my dorm and all the girls on my floor decided to go to a highlighter party, so I was dragged along. I was the only person I saw the whole night (all 30 min we lasted) who wasn't drunk haha quite entertaining if you ask me. But I love all the girls we were with already!
I was super nervous and had anxiety about being here alone, where no one had to care about me for any reason. Patrick told me I made him feel old. He said since he is already two months ahead of me, its fresh in his mind of what to do when you think like that. He knew exactly what to say to make me feel better. I am so thankful for him. Hearing the other girls I've met say how they broke up with their boyfriends so they can party at college made me sad. I could never imagine breaking up with Patrick for that reason. But I guess we aren't your typical college relationship. (That was a given from the moment he became a Midshipman).
While I am nervous for this upcoming year, I'm kind of excited about it all. I can't wait to meet a ton of new people (any guys need a snuggle buddy?) and be more independent. Guess we'll see how this all works out. Oh! I can't wait for Delaware to kick Navy's butt this weekend:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment