And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I can't help it; I'm a sap and a proud American

Most people think I'm crazy for going away to college with a boyfriend, especially one who is a Midshipman. Today, a light was shed on how happy I really am to be dating him. All of my friends here worry about who is getting with who, what to do when they bring someone back to their room, along with a slew of other things. My biggest problem was whether Patrick was going to call while I was at our football game. I am so proud of his drive to follow his dreams, and how he will stop at nothing to attain them. I don't mean to brag, and you don't need to read on, but he is beyond amazing. He always knows how to make my day better. Though I will only get to see him about once a month, I would not trade our relationship for the world (and trust me, none of the guys I've met so far can even compare to my boyfriend).


Anyway, the football game tonight was fun for the time we were there. I had wonderful comic relief the whole night. After the game, I got to talk to Patrick for the SECOND time today! I was so excited:) I went and hung out with the guys in our dorm until Lauren came back and we ordered pizza (thank gosh!).  Then everyone started feeling sick from the place they went out to eat. I'm so happy I didn't go, though since I don't eat meat, I wouldn't have gotten sliders anyway. I went outside and kicked a soccer ball around with Alex until he felt better, which was a blast:) I also got to talk to two of the guys on my floor for a little bit today who want to join the marines. I honestly think it is so cool for people to enlist or  go through training to become an officer. It is not my calling in life and there is no one I can think of that I respect more. And with tomorrow being the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I can't help but pray and thank God for the men and women who are willing to do whatever it takes to keep us safe. And the craziest part is, they are fighting for people they don't even know.

I really am a sap when it comes to the military because it is something that is so close to my heart. I have a boyfriend at the Naval Academy, along with a cousin who was a marine, one who was in the army, and two grandfathers who both fought in WWII. My one grandfather has a crazy but adorable story from his deployment. Well, quite a few actually, but this one is my favorite. Before he left, he met my grandmother. She LOVES to dance (guess where I get it from) more than anything. While he was over seas, his leg got ran over by a jeep I believe while he was helping one of his fellow servicemen. His leg was pretty destroyed and the doctors wanted to amputate it. He refused to let them remove his leg because "his girl back home loved to dance". I am such a romantic and that story makes me tear up every time.

With everything going on in the world today, I could not be more proud to be an American. I hope everyone can take a few moments out of their day to pray for those who lost loved ones and those who are currently serving our country. God bless America <3

No comments:

Post a Comment