I'm Becky. The next chapter of my life is unfolding faster than I can believe. I'm balancing life as a college student. I will be living "on my own" for the first time ever and want to keep track of my new experiences and adventures, loves and hates, trials and tribulations.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Ms. Williams, I must strongly disagree...
I just finished reading a post from a midshipman about our newly appointed assistant director for national security, and boy am I fired up. Assuming what was in the post is true, she believes our servicemen and women do not deserve a pay raise and that they are being paid quite enough. There was a response from a guy in the air force. He is currently getting paid a little over $13,000 a year, where guys in Washington D.C. with the same job and experience (network technician) would get between $70,000-80,000. I don't understand how this can be getting paid too much. (I know, I'm very opinionated and a sucker for anything military). But, how can anyone say that a person who is WILLING TO DIE FOR YOU is getting paid too much? I know that I could never do what our servicemen and women do. I am not cut out for it. I have the utmost respect for these people, a few who I have the pleasure of knowing. And, on top of that, I just researched the poverty threshold in the U.S. For a single person under 65 (in 2009), an income of $11,161 was the threshold. The serviceman was only making $2,000 over the poverty level! Okay, $2,000 sounds like a lot, but when you think about lower middle class income being about $30,000, it really isn't that much. I could keep going on, but I'm ranting and raving. And I can't quite think coherently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment