Okay...this post isn't going to be all about pumping gas. We will get to that later. Yesterday, my roommate, Lauren, accompanied me on an adventure to the Naval Academy. It started out with me awaking bright and early (for a saturday, 8am) to walk over to the Marriott and pick up my car which Patrick's grandparents dropped off (I keep it there to save on insurance and parking at school). They are so sweet to let me keep it there! When I got back to my dorm, Lauren was trying to get Katie, our suitemate, out of bed. She had a rough night and kept, uhhh, getting sick all morning. She ended up staying at school, forcing Lauren to be stuck alone with Patrick and me. We finally left around 10 but only a short while later, we stopped at Wawa for breakfast and coffee (if chips, for Lauren, and a soft pretzel, for me, count as breakfast). Then we were on the road! I do have to say, they couldn't have more signs on 301 for the Bay Bridge. They are quite literally every 2 miles! But, it was awesome once the numbers started getting down below 18 miles! Oh! And in Delaware and Maryland, the speed limit is 55 freaking mph. What?! In Jersey, its 65 and no one goes below 80! Anyway, we finally got to the bridge which happened to be really scary because it was a lot longer than I remembered. Then we were almost there! We parked by St. John's college and rushed onto the yard. For someone who only drinks water, the diuretic effect of caffeine in coffee was not a good thing. We ran onto the yard and into the closest bathroom. Then Lauren and I walked around the gift shop while waiting for Patrick to be ready to go. We met him at Tecumseh, well a little south of him. Lauren Boudreau was coming as well so we waited for her (we technically weren't in T-court, which is where I said we were, so it took her a few minutes to find us). Then Josh snuck up on her and they scurried off to walk around. She is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met! Then Patrick, Lauren, and I walked into John Paul Jones' crypt and tried to spot the bride of the wedding that was going on later. We walked into town and had lunch at Moe's. We decided to go to the Marine Base and look around. I decided I didn't want to try the O-course which meant putting Patrick's pants and boots on. We tried to figure out what we wanted to do next. One of the other lightweight rowers, Nordgaard (I have no idea how to spell it), invited us over to his sponsors house. We got to hang out there for a bit, and play with their kids. I also do have to say I beat Lauren in air hockey, Helllll yeahhhhh! The sponsor family left us to go to a block party. We hung around the house for a bit. Patrick was his silly old self and I found myself hysterically laughing the whole time we were in the kitchen. He tried to make easy mac, which he thought was a poor excuse for mac & cheese. He was appalled I LIVE on that stuff at school. Then Lauren and Nordgaard (Erik-I think he's a viking...) came up from the basement to eat on the deck with us. It was gorgeous. After that, we went to the block party for a bit. Lauren decided she wanted a tour of the yard so we dropped them off. We went to Patrick's real sponsors house so I could meet them. They are hilarious! We were laughing the whole time! Then it was time for Patrick to go back on the yard. The goof left his bag with his ID at the house so we turned around to go back and get it. Then, we got lost (I made a wrong turn) going back to the yard. We didn't get to Gate 1 until 23:30! oops. But he made it back safe and not in trouble, and Lauren and Erik were there waiting for us. We said our goodbyes and were back on the road. We stopped at Wawa again so I could get a coke (I never drink soda!) and some candy/food to stay awake. I also needed gas. Little did I know, I'd have to pump it myself! We spent about 15 minutes trying to get the gas cap off of my car. It had to be the funniest thing for someone to watch. Finally, we figured it out and we were pumpin' away! Then we were on the road once again! Lauren (who said she can't sleep in the car) passed out. I was all alone on this creepy road, not another car in sight, with a ton of fog. I was pretty darn scared. Then, all of a sudden...we were on a bridge?! We had already gone over the Bay Bridge when Lauren was awake. I was scared to death when all of a sudden the "cage" was over my car and I realized we were on a bridge. Don't ask how I didn't notice, I don't know. But I have never been so scared in my life. I know I shouldn't admit this, but I had Patrick text me for awhile to be sure I was wide awake. Thank gosh for him! He stayed up way past lights out to make sure I was safe. We got back to Newark and had to find the parking lot I was keeping my car for the night. We were totally opposite from my dorm and had to take the Hen after 10 back with all of the lovely drunk kids. We didn't realize how long this bus route was and got off at Trabant to walk back. We were exhausted. I finally got to bed at 3am after 19 hours awake! And boy, did I need some sleep. Today, I had to drop my car off at Patrick's grandparents and forgot when I needed gas that I would have to pump it again, this time without the aid of Lauren. Oh joy! But I was slightly less challenged at it this time. Overall, the past 24 hours were amazing! I had a blast and can't wait to go back! Plus, I guess I enjoyed seeing my boyfriend too... <3

No comments:
Post a Comment