And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Friday, September 30, 2011

because you had a bad day, you're taking one down...

So have you ever had a bad day just out of nowhere? With no rhyme or reason? I've had two or three of those lately and, really, they suck. Let me tell you. What stinks even more is for most of today, I was abnormally happy! Sometimes those little things that kind of bother you, but you normally would ignore, just add up. And you can't really help it. They add up and add up and add up and it frustrates you. You get frustrated about all these little things, and then start getting upset and turning them into even bigger things, and then maybe even getting angry and turning them into really big things!

While I don't want to rant and rave about my bad day(s), I will say I have discovered it is a lot harder at college to make yourself happier than it is at home. I can't just lock myself in my room and cry. I can't hold Patrick close or cry to him or yell at him (well, not at him, just getting my emotions out which he is very good at helping with). I can't sit with my mom or pet my dog or read a new book. It is a lot harder. And while I wasn't homesick for the first month, finally having a pretty darn bad day has made me really homesick. On top of that, there is nothing I want more than normal food. Not dining hall food and not restaurant food but a nice, homecooked meal.

I know I have to find new ways to deal with my emotions, because I physically can't do the things I used to do. And being a Navy girlfriend, I can't even call Patrick to feel better. But new adventures mean new worries which means new ways of dealing with problems. Hopefully I'll start finding my "niche" or try out different ways more experienced people deal with their emotions. I just hope it happens soon so I can go back to being an all around happy person,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU!! <3 I am always here :) I definitely know what you mean...I am still learning how to do that! It's definitely a lot transitioning into college plus the new military/long distance relationship. We need to be our happy selves though! p.s. I posted a nice little vent blog post too! <3 twins!

    ReplyDelete